Computed Tomography (CT) Services
As part of the state-of-the-art care at Delta Medix, our office is equipped with sophisticated imaging modalities to provide our patients with efficient and timely results. We offer CT or computed tomography. This advanced imaging test provides our physicians with a speedy diagnostic tool to support the patient treatment plan.
Our Facility has received accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR). This means our Facility meets the highest practice standards after a peer-review evaluation. All imaging is done by registered technologists in our convenient outpatient settings. The quality of your care and your comfort is our goal.
About your CT Scan
- Your CT scan will be done at Delta Medix 236 Penn Avenue Office (Breast Care Center). Please register on the second floor at the Administrative Offices Desk. (Take a left off the elevator and go through the Administrative Offices door.) You will then be directed to the CT Scan Suite.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- Please bring your order slip, consent form and questionnaire sheet with you. Please bring your insurance cards and referral if applicable.
- If you have had prior CT scans done at another facility, please bring the films/disc and report with you for this appointment.
- You will need a blood test to check your renal function within 30 days (14 days if you are a diabetic) of this x-ray (only if you are receiving IV contrast). If this has not been done, you will be given an order slip. This must be completed at least three days prior to the study.
- You are not allowed to eat anything solid four (4) hours prior to the exam; you may have clear liquids only. You must drink 16 ounces of water within two (2) hours prior to the CT scan unless otherwise instructed. You are allowed to urinate if necessary.
- If your insurance requires a co-pay, this will be collected upon Registration.
- Parking is available in the lot on Penn Avenue. Please bring your ticket in with you for validation at the CT Scan Suite.