Ear, Nose and Throat

Disorders

Procedures

Imaging Services

Pediatric ENT

Delta Medix Patient General Information

Excision of Submandibular Gland

The submandibular glands are one three sets of salivary glands that are located beneath the floor of the mouth and account for approximately 70% of salivary volume with the parotid and sublingual glands accounting for the remaining 30%. Excision is usually performed for conditions associated with submandibular calculi (stones). It is scheduled under general anesthesia, on an outpatient basis and associated with little or no pain.